Amazon requires accurate box content information for each box sent to a fulfillment center. This information allows the fulfillment center to receive your shipment more quickly and make your inventory available for sale sooner. If you do not provide box content information, Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) will assess a fee to manually process the contents of each box.
In PREP & SHIP, users can provide box content information in any one of the following ways.
Send Contents (Electronic Feed)
The Send Contents feature a way to electronically send the contents of every box in a shipment to Seller Central through a feed called the Carton Feed. When using this feature, you can choose to accept partnered shipping charges, and you can print your shipping labels in ScanPower! You do not need to adhere box content 2D barcode labels to each box.
- Choose the desired shipping method. SPD is set by default.
- Select the "edit" icon on the desired shipment:
- Select SPD or LTL then the checkmark to save your selection.
- If you are sending LTL, you are required to provide pallet dimensions. If you are sending SPD, you can skip to the next step.
- Click the "Bulk Pallet Update" button at the bottom of the main screen.
- Click "Add Pallet". You should see the new pallet row appear. Box weight and dimensions are not required for LTL, but PREP & SHIP will automatically populate those fields if you have them saved in your settings presets.
- Select the pallet that the box is on. The boxes will not move under the appropriate pallet until after you save.
PREP & SHIP can automatically calculate the the pallet weight from the total weight of the boxes on the pallet.
- Click "Save" at the bottom when you are finished.
- Click the "Send Contents" button on the main screen.
- A confirmation dialog will appear where you can choose to also purchase partner shipping. Below is a screenshot of what it will look like for SPD.
The dialog will look similar for LTL, but it also includes the Contact Info form. You can save this information in the settings in the Presets section! You will also need to include the total value and ready date before submitting.
- After you click OK, you will see that the status changes to ESTIMATING, then to ESTIMATED.
- Once the status changes to ESTIMATED, you can click the link to agree to the Terms and Conditions and then click Confirm.
This what the dialog will look like for LTL. You will have 30 minutes to confirm shipping charges. If you do not confirm within the 30 minutes, you will need to re-send the content.
- It may take several minutes for Amazon to process the carton feed. The Contents Status will change to CONFIRMING and then to CONFIRMED. After you have confirmed and the feed has processed successfully, the Content Status will change to CONFIRMED: Ready To Print. You can click the link print the shipping labels for all of the boxes associated with the shipment.
- In the Shipping Charges dialog you will see an outline for the shipping charges associated with the shipment. If you still agree to the charges being charged to you in Seller Central, you can click the "Print Box Labels" button.
Note: This charge is a Seller Central charge, not ScanPower. For SPD, You have 24-hours from when you confirmed the shipping charges to void the shipping transaction.
For LTL, you will see a similar outline of the shipping charges. You have the option to print box labels and pallet labels.
Note: Unlike SPD, you only have 1 hour from when you confirmed the shipping charges to void the shipping transaction.
- You will see the labels look the exact same as the labels printed in Seller Central. This is an example of a Box Label:
Here is an example of pallet labels:
PREP & SHIP supports two types of shipping methods: SPD and LTL. Both flows are very similar and easy to use!
2D Barcode Labels
You can use 2D barcodes to provide box content information for each box in your shipment. These labels can be printed within PREP & SHIP and must be attached to each respective box in your shipment.
If you choose this method of providing box contents to Amazon, you must enable the option in Seller Central. To enable the 2D barcode option, follow these steps:
- Go to Fulfillment by Amazon settings.
- Locate Inbound Settings and click Edit.
- Select Enable next to 2D Barcodes for Box Content Information.
- Click Update.
To print your 2D barcode labels in PREP & SHIP:
- Select the shipment
- Select "Print Box Labels"
- Select the boxes and "Print"
- Please note that we offer the following label types from this screen:
- 2D Barcode (box contents label)
- FBA Box
- Both (separately)
- Unified (a combined 2D Barcode and FBA Box Label)