STATEMENT FROM DYMO: The latest Windows update has caused some issues with printing from our software. Our team has been able to fix the issue of printing blank labels from our DYMO Connect and DYMO Label Software by introducing a new update. In order to run the latest software update, please open DYMO Connect, click "Help" > "Check for Updates" and download the latest version. Alternatively, you can download the newest version of our software here.
After testing, these are some suggestions and notes we have compiled for our customers as they implement the updates.
- Do install the Dymo Connect driver update, either by Opening Dymo Connect and checking for updates or by installing the newest version of the software, DCDSetup220.127.116.11.
- Restart your computer.
- Check the system tray to see if the Dymo Print Service is running. To check, click the ^ to the left of your clock/calendar in the lower corner of your desktop, then click on the Dymo Direct icon. If you get a message that it is not running, click "Start Service." (see pictures)
(image 1: open system tray)
(images 2, 3 and 4: click on the Dymo Connect Icon, in this case, we see the service is not running. If yours is already running, close out and continue. If the service is not running, select Start Service.)
- Log back into your ScanPower account.
- Check settings in List and BoxT to make sure the printer is selected and saved. Select Settings > List, then scroll down to printing and select your printer and label size if necessary, then save settings. Do the same with Settings > BoxT.
- At this point you should be back to printing as usual.
Note: Some of our customers reverted the latest Windows updates as a workaround to the Dymo issue. We tested the latest Dymo software with and without the latest Windows Updates and it worked the same either way. It is always a good idea to keep all of your software updated,
Solution Updated on 3/16/2021
Issue: BLANK FNSKU LABELS WHEN USING DYMO DIRECT PRINT
Some ScanPower customers are reporting blank labels produced when using our Dymo Direct Print feature to make the FNSKU labels. This is affecting those using Dymo printers only. This is an error caused by a Dymo issue, not a ScanPower issue, but we have developed and researched a work around so our customers can keep working.
Statement from the Dymo website:
On March 10th Microsoft has introduced a new Windows update, which is currently not compatible with our newest DYMO Connect and DYMO Label v.8.7.3 software. Our developers are currently working on a permanent solution in association with Windows specialists.
If you use Solution 2 and are still having trouble printing or identifying the printer, restart the computer, verify that the Dymo Label service is running in the system tray (located to the left of the clock in the lower, right-hand corner of your desktop. Click the ^ to open the system tray). Then click on the Dymo icon and click Diagnose->Open a Test Page.
We've gotten feedback from some of our customers that downgrading to an earlier version did not solve the problem. If this is the case for you, labels can still be printed via the print dialog function by doing the following:
- In your ScanPower account, go to Settings->List and select None under the printer.
- This will cause the browser print dialog to open every time you print a label, but will allow you to continue listing and packing.
- When the print dialog box opens, you will have to select the Dymo Printer and the correct label/paper size, as pictured.
- As you can see in the image above, the print size may be off. You may also have to scale the print size down a little to fit on one label.. Expand "More Settings" then use the change the Scale from "Default" to "Custom" and scale down until all of the information fits on one label in the print preview window. Pictured here is scaled down to 60%
We realize this is an inconvenience for our customers and we are sorry for that, but wanted to find a way to help you continue to work until Dymo releases a fix for the problem.