Boxt is ScanPower's box content solution for Amazon FBA. Below is a guide for how to use BoxT to either print 2-D barcode labels for your boxes or to send your box content information directly to Amazon without having to label the boxes.
You can get to Boxt by navigating to Boxt --> Boxt. Alternatively, you can click on the following links depending on your marketplace:
Table of Contents
- Main Screen
- Importing Shipments
- Boxing Items
- Editing Packed Items
- Editing Expiration Dates in Bulk
- Entering Box Dimensions
- Finished Packing
You can go to the settings by navigating to Settings --> Boxt. Alternatively, you can click on the following links depending on your marketplace:
You will also notice the Settings button in the top-right corner of Boxt. You can quickly toggle these settings that you may find yourself changing often without having to navigate away from the app. You can also click on the "More settings" link to go to the settings.
Presets are useful for defaulting box dimensions, item quantity, and LTL contact information!
The left pane lists the shipments and the right pane displays the boxes you've created in Boxt for that shipment. You can click the boxes in the right pane to view the contents. If you list with ScanPower, we will automatically display your shipments. If you create shipments outside of ScanPower, you may import them by clicking on the "Import" button at the top of shipment list on the left.
You can filter by shipment name, shipment ID, fulfillment center, or ship from address.
If you created a shipment outside of ScanPower, you can import it by clicking on the "Import" button at the top of the left pane on the main screen. You can enter the shipment ID or by using the date ranges, select one or more shipments, then click the "Import" button on the dialog.
Boxt supports three major workflows for boxing items:
Boxing Items Sorted by Shipment
- Click the shipment in the left pane to highlight it. Then click the "Add Box" button in the right pane to add a box to the shipment.
- Boxt will create a new box and you will be taken to the box screen. To begin adding items to the box, enter an FNSKU, ASIN, UPC, or MSKU in the search box. If you have a barcode scanner, you can scan the FNSKU or UPC label!
- Continue to enter items into the box. After you enter the first item into the box, you will be able to create a new box from either the Box view or main screen.
You can also pack from the Unpacked view:
- click the "View n Unpacked Items" button from either the Box view or main screen to view items in the shipment you have not packed yet.
- Click on the "Pack Item" button to bring up the dialog where you can enter the expiration date, quantity, and the box you want the item to go into.
Expiration dates are automatically imported into Boxt if you entered them while listing in ScanPower List. If you did not create the shipment in ScanPower, you can import a spreadsheet for each item with the expiration dates or add/update all the expiration dates for the shipment in bulk! Please refer to How to Add, Edit, and Manage Expiration Dates for more information.
Boxing Items Unsorted by Shipment
- Enter an FNSKU, ASIN, UPC, or MSKU in the search box from the main screen. If you have a barcode scanner, you can scan the FNSKU or UPC label.
- The Search view displays the boxes the item is packed in and unpacked items grouped by shipment. Click on a box at the top to go to the Box view.
- From the Unpacked List, you can click the Pack Item button to pack the item for that shipment.
Alternatively, you can click on a previously created box. Boxt will display the last 4 boxes that had items packed.
Case-packed Shipment Packing
If you are packing a case-packed shipment, Boxt supports two options: https://help.scanpower.com/support/solutions/articles/11000089843-case-packed-shipment-packing-options
Editing Packed Items
- In the box view, click the edit button on the item you want to edit.
- In the dialog that appears, you can edit the expiration date and quantity.
Editing Expiration Dates in Bulk
- Click on the "Edit Expiration Dates" button at the bottom of the main screen.
- On the Edit Expiration Dates screen, you can use the filter at the top to filter by a date or find all items missing dates. You may edit expiration dates for individual items and also update them across boxes.
You may also upload a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet accepts two columns: either MSKU or FNSKU and Expires, which should be in YYYY-MM-DD format.
Entering Box Dimensions
Supplying box dimensions is required if you decide to send contents electronically and purchase shipping with SPD shipping method. There are two ways you can enter box dimensions:
- "Edit Box Dimensions" button in the Box view
- "Bulk Box Update" button from the main screen
When you are finished packing your shipment, you can supply box content two different ways:
Printing 2D Barcode Labels
- Navigate to the main screen and click on "Print Box Labels" at the bottom
- Select the boxes you want to print the labels for and click "Print" at the bottom.
Send Contents (SPD & LTL)
The Send Contents feature a way to electronically send the contents of every box in a shipment to Seller Central through a feed called the Carton Feed. When using this feature, you can choose to accept partnered shipping charges, and you can print your shipping labels in ScanPower! You do not need to adhere box content 2D barcode labels to each box.
Boxt supports two types of shipping methods: SPD and LTL. Both flows are very similar and easy to use!
- Choose the desired shipping method. SPD is set by default.
- If you are sending LTL, you are required to provide pallet dimensions. If you are sending SPD, you can skip to the next step.
- Click the "Bulk Pallet Update" button at the bottom of the main screen.
- Click "Add Pallet". You should see the new pallet row appear. Box weight and dimensions are not required for LTL, but Boxt will automatically populate those fields if you have them saved in your settings presets.
- Select the pallet that the box is on. The boxes will not move under the appropriate pallet until after you save.
Boxt can automatically calculate the the pallet weight from the total weight of the boxes on the pallet.
- Click "Save" at the bottom when you are finished.
- Click the "Bulk Pallet Update" button at the bottom of the main screen.
- Click the "Send Contents" button on the main screen.
- A confirmation dialog will appear where you can choose to also purchase partner shipping. Below is a screenshot of what it will look like for SPD.
The dialog will look similar for LTL, but it also includes the Contact Info form. You can save this information in the settings in the Presets section! You will also need to include the total value and ready date before submitting.
- After you click OK, you will see that the status changes to ESTIMATING, then to ESTIMATED.
- Once the status changes to ESTIMATED, you can click the link to agree to the Terms and Conditions and then click Confirm.
This what the dialog will look like for LTL. You will have 30 minutes to confirm shipping charges. If you do not confirm within the 30 minutes, you will need to re-send the content.
- It may take several minutes for Amazon to process the carton feed. The Contents Status will change to CONFIRMING and then to CONFIRMED. After you have confirmed and the feed has processed successfully, the Content Status will change to CONFIRMED: Ready To Print. You can click the link print the shipping labels for all of the boxes associated with the shipment.
- In the Shipping Charges dialog you will see an outline for the shipping charges associated with the shipment. If you still agree to the charges being charged to you in Seller Central, you can click the "Print Boxt Labels" button.
Note: This charge is a Seller Central charge, not ScanPower. For SPD, You have 24-hours from when you confirmed the shipping charges to void the shipping transaction.
For LTL, you will see a similar outline of the shipping charges. You have the option to print box labels and pallet labels.
Note: Unlike SPD, you only have 1 hour from when you confirmed the shipping charges to void the shipping transaction.
- You will see the labels look the exact same as the labels printed in Seller Central. This is an example of a Box Label:
Here is an example of pallet labels: